SCROG method or Screen of Green method is one of the most used methods in cannabis cultivation. This practice consists of using a mesh to guide the growth of the surrounding plants. Allowing a greater density and control over the size and generating a larger flower production.
SCROG (Screen of Green) method is one of the best cannabis growing techniques for those who wish to grow with an optimal yield of their plants. This growing technique involves the use of a screen and supports, to limit vertical growth and improve yields in lower colas and branches. It is a very old method use to simplify the growing process and maximize the available space per plant. Each plant is allowed to get a good accumulation of sunlight. Which in turn means that each of the side and lower branches of the plant, take better advantage of the sunlight rather than it being wasted. This could help maximize the volume of product and at the same time, reduce production time.
This method is essentially a way to force the plant to produce a compact bloom. After a period of regulation, the supports are place so that they are just above the plant. This will stop the vertical growth of the plant, allowing the branches to continue to expand horizontally. When this method is add to cannabis cultivation, growers are likely to get better light distribution, allowing for better grow, flowering and production.
The most important advantage is that it allows the shape and size of the plant to be controll without the need for severe pruning
This means growers do not have to worry about having to remove extra leaves or branches to keep the plant at a reasonable size. However, the resulting plants can become denser than a normal growing plant, which can result in a heavier crop weight. When using the SCROG method, controlling plant growth angles can also be easier. This is because growers can use a variety of supports. Including self-adjusting supports, to direct plant growth in the desired direction. This can maximize light uptake for better yields.
The SCROG method maximizes potential yields for a grower. It can improve the utilization of space and resources to ensure maximum crop yield. It is also one of the easiest growing methods to learn, as well as to implement. Growers who want significant results with little effort can get a lot out of applying the SCROG method to their crop.
This type of cultivation offers a number of advantages, the main ones being the following:
1. Higher flower production: the mesh helps direct plant growth, which ultimately results in higher flower production. This is because, as light is more evenly distributed, all flowers receive approximately the same amount of light. This allows the plants to produce a much higher number of good quality flowers compared to conventional growing methods.
2. Higher yield: This not only translates into a higher number of flowers. But also into a higher yield per square meter. As space per square meter is rather limit, the use of netting helps to maximize crop yields.
3. Easy maintenance: The netting facilitates the maintenance of the crop. Plants develop uniformly and are attach to the netting. This prevents plants from growing out of control and allows you to water and ventilate more efficiently for better results. You can also easily remove fruiting stalks that develop outward from the mesh.
4. Better light for flowers: This practice also helps improve the light the flowers receive, allowing for optimal growth. This results in a plant with larger and better quality flowers.
5. Reduced risk of diseases and pests: Diseases and pests often cause many problems for cannabis growers, however. By using the SCROG method, the risk of infections is reduced, as most of them reduce the risk of infections. Because the plant can grow in a more organized and uniform manner. There are fewer hidden areas that can harbor parasites.
The SCROG method can offer many benefits to cannabis growers. Such as higher flower production, better light for the flowers, better yields per square meter and growth discipline. In addition to this, there is also a lower risk of diseases and pests. If you are considering using this method, be sure to follow each step for the best results.
Main qualities of using the SCROG method
The Screen of Green (SCROG) method is characterized by a trellis of frames placed over the cannabis plant to control its growth. Once the frames are placed, the grower controls growth by forcing the plant’s stems downward, where the frames act as a grid. This helps the plant maximize soil fertilization and allows the grower to control plant size to increase overall yield. In this method, the plants receive a greater amount of sunlight and air. Allowing them to produce a greater amount of flower. This also helps improve the flavor and stability of the crop. Which increases the value of the crop to the grower. Growers also report larger flower size and higher weed production with trellising, even with smaller sized plants.
Obtaining a crop with higher yields is another benefit of growing with the SCROG method. Because of its trellis system, growers can maximize growing space by receiving a higher yield per square meter. Growers also report a shorter flowering time, which contributes to saving time and effort for growers. In addition, some growers have claimed that trellising reduces the possibility of pests and plant diseases, which helps ensure a quality crop every time.
One of the additional features to note about the SCROG method is that it allows growers to have quick and easy cloning
This means that growers can quickly take the main stems from the plant to clone it and get new plants of the same strain. This is a great advantage for those who want to grow several plants or varieties without the need to invest in new seeds each time. And as a last point to consider, it offers growers the possibility of having greater control over the growth of their plants. Both light and airflow, nutrients and the growth of each individual stem can be controlled, allowing the grower to obtain a much healthier and better yielding plant.
The SCROG method is a highly effective cannabis growing technique that offers numerous benefits for growers. This technique allows for higher yields, larger flower size, shorter flowering time, improved quality and taste of the weed, easier cloning and greater control by growers. This technique has become one of the most popular and remains one of the most widely used cultivation techniques today.